Free shipping for orders over 59,90€
Delivery in Italy in 1-3 working days | Free shipping for orders over 59,90€ |Callmewine is Carbon Neutral!
Champagne Brut Nature Grand Cru 'L’Atavique' Mouzon Leroux
90 -@@-7-Robert Parker

Champagne Brut Nature Grand Cru 'L’Atavique' Mouzon Leroux

Mouzon Leroux

The Champagne Brut Nature “L’Atavique” is the fruit of Chardonnay and Pinot Nero of Verzy's Grand Cru, obtained by vinification in wood and steel and aged on the lees in bottle for 32 months. It is characterized by momentum, freshness and a vibrant, almost saline minerality. The aromatic profile is reminiscent of fresh fruit, wild herbs, chalk and citrus fruits




Champagne AOC


Pinot Noir 60%, Chardonnay 40%


Alcohol content

12 %


75 cl Bottle


Alcoholic fermentation with indigenous yests in small oak barrels and in steel tanks, aging on the lees for 6 months, malolactic fermentation and second fermentation in bottle according to the Champenoise Method


32 months on the lees

Filosofia produttiva

Indigenous yeasts, Natural

Additional Notes

Contains sulfites


Mouzon Leroux's Extra Brut Grand Cru Champagne "L'Atavique" is a prestigious label that perfectly expresses the charm of a great terroir. It comes from a cuvée of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes, which come from selected plots cultivated within the Grand Cru territory of Verzy in the Grande Montagne de Reims area. The structure of Pinot Noir is combined with the refined elegance of Chardonnay, creating a Champagne of great harmony and gustatory balance. It is a label with an intense and rich bouquet, an evolved and multifaceted sip of great aromatic persistence. It is a Champagne particularly suitable to be enjoyed throughout a meal on a special evening.

"L'Atavique" Extra Brut Grand Cru is a Champagne produced by a small artisanal Maison, Mouzon Leroux, which cultivates about 7 hectares of vines in one of the most interesting areas of Champagne. The domaine is divided into about fifty micro plots that are all in the Grand Cru area of Verzy, where Chardonnay dominates to the east and Pinot Noir to the west. This co-presence of the two grape varieties allows for particularly complex and harmonious blends, which are the secret of the fame of the Grand Cru of Verzy. The limestone-clay soils and a particularly favorable microclimate make it possible to obtain high quality grapes. The Maison was founded in 1776 and still follows the family traditions of an ancient savoir faire. Since 2008, the vineyards have been run under biodynamic farming with the use of horses to avoid compacting the soil. The result of this respectful approach to the terroir is a champagne with a classic taste, a faithful expression of one of the best Grand Crus.

Mouzon Leroux's Atavique is an Extra Brut Grand Cru Champagne that is produced in Verzy, one of the most famous villages in the Grande Montagne de Reims region. Fermentations take place with indigenous levites for 25% in wood and the remaining 75% in steel. A 40% of reserve wines from the previous two vintages is added to the vins clairs of the vintage to create the right harmonic balance. The second fermentation takes place in the bottle according to the Champenoise method, with a stay sur lattes of at least 32 months. It is straw yellow in color with brilliant reflections and a fine, continuous perlage. The nose opens on rich aromas reminiscent of citrus peel, dried fruit, ripe yellow fruit and spicy nuances. Intense, long and elegant, it is supported by a beautiful expressive tension, which accompanies towards a fresh and savory finish.


Bright straw yellow with a fine perlage


Fresh, taut, lively, dry, energic and very mineral, with a salty persistence


Delicate and pleasant, with scents of white fruits, hay, wild herbs, citrus fruits and chalk