Free shipping for orders over 59,90€
Delivery in Italy in 1-3 working days | Free shipping for orders over 59,90€ |Callmewine is Carbon Neutral!

Egly Ouriet

Uno dei più grandi piccoli produttori della Champagne
Region Regione Champagne (Francia)
Annual production 100.000 bt
Address 13, Rue Trepail - 51150 Ambonnay
Oenologist Francis Egly

Ambonnay, the "Montagne de Reims", the realm of the Pinot Noir, is headquartered Maison "Egly Ouriet", producer of Champagne excellent since the mid 40. This Maison was born towards the end of World War II by Charles Egly, who in those years has bought three hectares of vineyard in the "grand cru" of Ambonnay. Over the years, this small Maison has expanded its domaine to its current eight hectares in the municipalities of Ambonnay, Bouzy and Verzenay which recently joined three hectares located in the municipality of Vrigny, brought his wife to the current owner Francis, who wanted to add to the name of the Maison also the surname of his wife Ouriet. Francis, grandson of the founder of the House, with patience and dedication has been able, like the various Moncuit, Selosse or Larmandier, bring the production to the highest levels of quality, also favored by the characteristics of the terroir, which offers a relatively mild climate and a ground very special. These lands, rich in limestone and gypsum layers, trap solar heat during the day to return to the plants at night and provide excellent drainage to the screws. These vineyards produces Pinot Noir, about 75% of the total product, and Chardonnay, which is used for assemblies, the remaining 25%, while in the vineyard of Vrigny produces Pinot Meunier; la maison Egly Ouriet was the first to produce a Champagne in purity from this grape. The care of the vineyards is entrusted agronomist Claude Bourguignon, following the dictates of agriculture as much as possible the natural and ecological, with almost absolute ban on the use of herbicides, pesticides or chemical fertilizers, focusing on quality at the expense of quantity. In the cellar the must have the first fermentation in oak barrels and the wine, without racking whatsoever, rests in bottles for three or four years, six years vintages, before being placed on the market.

The Champagne by Egly Ouriet
94 -@@-7-Robert Parker
92 -@@-8-Wine Spectator
92 -@@-9-James Suckling
91 -@@-7-Robert Parker
92 -@@-8-Wine Spectator
92 -@@-8-Wine Spectator
93 -@@-7-Robert Parker
93 -@@-8-Wine Spectator
97 -@@-7-Robert Parker
93 -@@-9-James Suckling
93 -@@-7-Robert Parker
93 -@@-8-Wine Spectator