Free shipping for orders over 59,90€
Delivery in Italy in 1-3 working days | Free shipping for orders over 59,90€ |Callmewine is Carbon Neutral!
Chardonnay 'Fallwind' San Michele Appiano 2023
90 -@@-9-James Suckling
2 -@@-1-Gambero Rosso

Chardonnay 'Fallwind' San Michele Appiano 2023

San Michele Appiano

"Fallwind" signed by the prestigious San Michele Appiano winery is a Chardonnay medium-bodied, enveloping and fragrant, juicy and delicate, aged a few months in wooden barrels. Intense fruity and smoky aromas compose a balanced structure, a perfect synthesis of freshness and savory

14,90 

Features

Denomination

Alto Adige/Sudtirol DOC

Vines

Chardonnay 100%

Tipologia

Alcohol content

13.5 %

Format

75 cl Bottle

Vinification

65% of fermentation in steel and the remaining 35% in wooden barrels

Aging

2/3 in steel and 1/3 in large barrels with malolactic fermentation

Additional Notes

Contains sulfites

CHARDONNAY 'FALLWIND' SAN MICHELE APPIANO 2023 DESCRIPTION

San Michele Appiano's "Fallwind" Chardonnay was born in South Tyrol in a reality that sees at work a cooperative of local winemakers whose goal is to give birth to reliable and quality products. It was founded in 1907 and, over time, has always maintained a production spirit aimed at valuing the land and the work of wine artisans. In 1978 winemaker Hans Terzer provided the final imprint for more conscious work aimed at constant innovation. Today, the more than 300 families who are members of the winery continue to work so that every wine is cared for down to the smallest detail so that production is sustainable and projected into the future.

The vineyards of St. Michael Eppan "Fallwind" Chardonnay are located in the municipality of Eppan at an altitude between 420 and 500 meters above sea level. Their exposure is south/east-west excellent so that the rows are constantly hit by the sun's rays, and the clusters reach full ripeness; the soil here is mainly composed of gravel, limestone and moraine deposits for wines with a strong character, and the vines have an average age of between 10 and 30 years. Harvesting is done by hand and takes place at the end of September, with a selection in the vineyard of the best bunches. In the cellar, 75% ferments in steel, while the remaining 25% in wood, where malolactic fermentation also takes place. The February, following the harvest, the two parts are blended.

To the eye, San Michele Appiano's Chardonnay "Fallwind" appears a bright straw yellow with greenish highlights. The bouquet of aromas is reminiscent of ripe white fruit aromas such as peach and pear and yellow melon, while the palate result is elegant, velvety and enveloping for a delicious drink. In pairing, it is recommended with freshwater fish dishes such as smoked trout, shellfish and crustaceans as an aperitif and main dishes with seasonal vegetables. This is a wine to be enjoyed with the family at festive occasions such as Christmas Eve dinner, sharing a product that has all the original flavour of the land of Alto Adige.

Colour

Intense straw yellow, with elegant greenish reflections

Taste

Juicy and fresh, full and delicate, elegant and full-bodied

Scent

Smoked hints of flint, fruity notes of yellow plum