Free shipping for orders over 59,90€
Delivery in Italy in 1-3 working days | Free shipping for orders over 59,90€ |Callmewine is Carbon Neutral!
'Lune Rouge' Le Mas de la Lune 2018

'Lune Rouge' Le Mas de la Lune 2018

Le Mas de La Lune

The "Lune Rouge" is a rustic and pleasant red wine of Roussillon produced from Grenache Noir and Syrah grapes. It consists of a very expressive olfactory profile with notes of dark fruit, spices, Mediterranean scrub, undergrowth and iodized memories. The mouthfeel is fruity and fresh, with delicate tannins and a smooth and rich texture




Côtes du Roussillon AOC


Grenache Noir 60%, Syrah 40%


Alcohol content

14 %


75 cl Bottle


15 days maceration and alcoholic fermentation in steel with indigenous yeasts


Some months in steel tanks

Filosofia produttiva

Natural, Indigenous yeasts

Additional Notes

Contains sulfites


Le Mas De La Lune Rouge's "Lune Rouge" represents the typical symphony of the French Midi, in which each variety plays its own character to achieve a balanced result. The Domaine is run by Vanessa and Mathieu, who decided to leave the city to devote themselves to work as closely as possible with nature: after a short training period at Domaine Causse Marines, they set out to produce biodynamic wines, in this corner of Roussillon.

Domaine Le Mas De La Lune's "Lune Rouge" is an interesting interpretation of the traditional grape blend of the Occitan region and the French Mediterranean coast in general. Grenache Noir comes from old vines reaching up to 90 years of age and accounts for 40% of the blend; Syrah figures in for 30% and finally Mourvedre and Carignan share the remaining 10%. The grapes come from vines located at an altitude of 300 meters above sea level in the Val de l'Agly, a portion of the Eastern Pyrenees department, on rocky soils of schist and black marl: the influence of the Mediterranean is noticeable and its humid air mitigates the extremely dry climate of this region. Harvesting is done by hand when fully ripe, and small crates are used for picking. In the cellar, a 15-day maceration on the skins takes place in thermoregulated steel and simultaneous spontaneous fermentation conducted by indigenous yeasts only, followed by crushing and pumping over. Aging proceeds in steel tanks for 80% of the mass, while the other 20% rests in French oak barrels.

"Lune Rouge" from Le Mas De La Lune shows a compelling garnet color that is very dense and virtually impenetrable to the eye. The aromas are very expressive and initially veer towards dark, ripe fruit, such as blackberry and cassis, accompanied by the complexity of spicy and earthy notes, towards a finish of Mediterranean hints, both herbaceous and iodine. On the palate it is juicy and complex, with good softness and power, ripe tannin and a very fresh and deliciously saline finish. A red created to accompany grilled skewers or stewed game.


Red garnet with ruby scents


Juicy, earthy, Mediterranean and very spontaneous


Notes of dark fruit, sweet spices, earth, undergrowth, Mediterranean herbs and iodized hints