Free shipping for orders over 59,90€
Delivery in Italy in 1-3 working days | Free shipping for orders over 59,90€ |Callmewine is Carbon Neutral!
Pinot Noir 'Vicissitudes of Life' Poppelvej 2022
91 -@@-9-James Suckling

Pinot Noir 'Vicissitudes of Life' Poppelvej 2022


The Pinot Noir 'Vicissitudes of Life' Poppelvej is a rich, juicy red wine produced in the Adelaide Hills, South Australia. The nose offers notes of currant, cherry, and elegant nuances of bay leaf and black pepper, while the palate is energetic, flowing, supported by lovely acidity. Serve chilled and drink it all at once!




Pinot Nero 100%


Alcohol content

12.5 %


75 cl Bottle


Three weeks of maceration and spontaneous alcoholic fermentation with indigenous yeasts


5 months in used wooden barrels

Filosofia produttiva

Natural, Indigenous yeasts, Vegan Friendly

Additional Notes

Contains sulfites


The Pinot Noir ‘Vicissitudes of Life’ is a very crisp artisanal label born in South Australia from the enthusiasm of producer Uffe Deichmann of Poppelvej. We are in the McLaren Vale area, a fascinating territory that, with its Mediterranean climate, has established itself as one of the most suitable areas for viticulture in all of Australia. Here, Uffe produces wines free from patterns and constraints, following his instinct and embracing a highly artisanal minimalist winemaking approach.

The Poppelvej Pinot Noir ‘Vicissitudes of Life’ is made from solely Pinot Noir grapes grown in the southern Adelaide Hills area using sustainable practices inspired by organic farming. In the cellar, 80% of the grapes are hand destemmed, with the remaining 20% vinified as whole clusters, and the mass is then gently foot-treaded. Alcoholic fermentation occurs spontaneously thanks to the action of the naturally occurring yeasts on the berries and in the winemaking environment, accompanied by 3 weeks of contact between the must and the skins with partial semi-carbonic maceration. After the fermentation process is completed, the wine is aged for 5 months on fine lees in exhausted neutral wood barrels, aiming to avoid intrusive woody aromas. Throughout the entire production process, the use of additives and oenological aids is excluded, except for very low doses of sulfites only when the wine requires it.

The ‘Vicissitudes of Life’ Pinot Noir from Poppelvej has a bright ruby red color. The nose is composed of intriguing aromas of cherry, red currant, and violet, accompanied by hints of eucalyptus and touches of laurel and black pepper. The palate is juicy, energetic, and easy-drinking, thanks also to the crisp freshness that guides the fine and persistent finish.


Bright ruby red


Juicy, energetic, drinkable, with buoyant acidity and a fine, lingering finish


Notes of red currant, cherry, hints of bay leaf and black pepper