Chardonnay 'Fallwind' San Michele Appiano 2021

White wine, medium-bodied, soft and fragrant, juicy and delicate, with intense fruity aromas and smoked, aged partly in barrels and partly in steel
13.50 €
Immediate availability

Characteristics

Denomination

Alto Adige/Sudtirol DOC

Grape varieties

Chardonnay 100%

Category

White Wines

Region

Alto Adige (Italy)

Alcohol content

13.5%

Bottle size

75 cl Bottle

Vineyards

Vineyards in hilly area of Merol, between 420 and 470 m. asl., with an exposure at South-East and South-West, on calcareous gravelly

Vinification

65% of fermentation in steel and the remaining 35% in wooden barrels

Aging

2/3 in steel and 1/3 in large barrels with malolactic fermentation

Additional notes

Contains sulfites

Awards and accolades

James Suckling
2019
92 / 100

To enjoy it at its best

Serving temp.
8°-10°C
Glass
Medium open goblet
Medium open goblet

Perfect for young and medium bodied white wines which don't require excessive oxygenation to open. The opening, slightly tighter than the body of the glass, favors the concentration of aromas towards the nose, enhancing the perception of aromas and limiting the dispersion

When to drink

When to drink

Evolving

Wine good to drink now, but that can have a beautiful evolution after resting for a while in your cellar

You can easily leave it in your cellar for 3-4 years

WHITE WINE CHARDONNAY 'MEROL' SAN MICHELE APPIANO 2021 DESCRIPTION

Lo Chardonnay “Fallwind” di San Michele Appiano è un vino curato in ogni dettaglio, un bianco di perfetta eleganza. Verdognolo nelle sfumature giallo dorate, ha un fine sentore fruttato, di mele di montagna, quelle che vengono coltivate nei campi attigui a quelli da dove provengono le uve per questo vino.

Equilibrato nella sua vena acida, è un vino davvero invitante, molto saporito e succoso. L’equilibrio tra freschezza e sapidità è il risultato di un perfetto lavoro da parte della cantina San Michele Appiano, oggi un vero e proprio monumento della viticoltura cooperativistica dell’Alto Adige.

La cantina di San Michele Appiano rappresenta una felice simbiosi tra la tradizione e l’innovazione. Una particolare attenzione, infatti, viene dedicata alla fase di raccolta di uve sane e mature, che vengono successivamente vendemmiate in maniera differenziata secondo le plaghe di coltivazione e la qualità. Il lavoro della cantina è caratterizzato da un profondo rispetto per la natura e le vigne, considerate le vere e proprie protagoniste per la riuscita di vini dall’impeccabile profilo aromatico, proprio come questo Chardonnay “Fallwind”.

Colour Intense straw yellow, with elegant greenish reflections

Scent Smoked hints of flint, fruity notes of yellow plum

Taste Juicy and fresh, full and delicate, elegant and full-bodied

producer: San Michele Appiano

Main wines
Sauvignon, Pinot Bianco, Chardonnay, Gewurztraminer, Pinot Nero, Lagrein, Cabernet Sauvignon
Foundation year
1907
Hectares of vineyards
385
Winery-owned grapes
100%
Annual production
2.500.000 bt
Enologist
Hans Terzer
Address
Via Circonvallazione, 17/19 - 39057 Appiano (BZ)

Perfect to drink with

  • Fish Soup without Tomato
  • Fish Tartare - Carpaccio
  • Warm Fish Appetizers
  • Pasta with Fish no Tomato
Other products from the same wine producer