Free shipping for orders over 59,90€
Delivery in Italy in 1-3 working days | Free shipping for orders over 59,90€ |Callmewine is Carbon Neutral!

Hubert Lamy

Wines of extreme elegance in Burgundy since 1640
Region Borgogna (Francia)
Foundation Year 1973
Vineyard hectares 18.5
Annual production 110.000 bt
Address 20 Rue des Lavières - 21190 - Saint-Aubin (Francia)
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0650/4356/2708/articles/brands_11541_hubert-lamy_1985_f58f0d97-f64a-40a6-89f2-ce6695b8864e.jpg?v=1715589634

Domaine Hubert Lamy is located in Saint-Aubin, in the southern part of the Côte de Beaune, between Puligny-Montrachet and Chassagne-Montrachet, legendary locations for all lovers of great Burgundy wines. The Lamy Family has been present in these lands since 1640 and has handed down, through the centuries, the culture of the vineyard and ancient peasant savoir-faire. Hubert Lamy created the Domaine in 1973, starting with a few hectares of family vineyards in areas included in the regional AOC Bourgogne. The property had since expanded in the 1990s when several precious parcels were purchased or leased: Saint-Aubin 1er Cru "Clos de la La Chatenière," "Derrière chez Edouard," "Murgers des Dents de Chien," "Clos du Meix," Santenay "Clos de Hâtes," Santenay 1er "Cru Clos des Gravières," and Chassagne Montrachet 1er Cru "Les Chaumées."

The development of the Domaine has continued by planting new vineyards in the Saint-Aubin 1er cru "En Remilly" area and substituting Chardonnay for Pinot Noir in some plots characterized by soils better suited to white grapes, such as Saint-Aubin "La Princée," Saint-Aubin 1er Cru "Derrière chez Edouard" and Chassagne-Montrachet Le Concis du Champs. In recent decades, the new generation has also entered the business. In the late 1990s, after finishing his studies in viticulture and gaining numerous experiences abroad, Olivier joined his father both in the vineyard and in the cellar, and in 2005, Karin began to take charge of the entire administrative and commercial area. Today, the Domaine covers a total of 18.5 hectares, divided into numerous parcels located in the communal territories of Saint-Aubin, Puligny-Montrachet, Chassagne-Montrachet et Santenay. The vineyards are planted 85% with Chardonnay and the remaining 15% with Pinot Noir.

The soils are basically limestone matrix and are divided into three distinct soil types. The white marls composed of young limestones, found in the highest part of the slopes; the more compact and hard limestones, geologically older; and finally the ancient limestones, more friable and decomposed, which insist on a kimmeridgien substrate, capable of giving the wines a savory and mineral connotation. The vineyards have a southern and southeastern exposure and enjoy a cool, sunny, always breezy climate with good temperature ranges. The range of labels covers 20 appellations, with wines characterized by great finesse and elegance, well representing the authentic face of the terroir.

From the same producer