Bianco di Torgiano 'Torre di Giano Vigna il Pino' Lungarotti 2018

Bianco di Torgiano 'Torre di Giano Vigna il Pino' by Lungarotti it is a medium-structured wine and refined in small part in barrique. This results in a complex and intense fluid, which recalls a range of fruity and citrus aromas, set on a lightly woody background. On the palate it gives a fine and refined sip, revealing a soft consistency and an almond finish

16.30 € 19.90 € - 18%
Only 3 with immediate availability

Characteristics

Denomination

Torgiano DOC

Grape varieties

Trebbiano 50%, Vermentino 30%, Grechetto 20%

Category

White Wines

Region

Umbria (Italy)

Alcohol content

13.0%

Bottle size

75 cl Bottle

Vineyards

Doppio Guyot breeding system, located in 'Vigna il Pino' on calcareous and clayey soils and west facing

Vinification

Cryomaceration of the grapes. 30% of the must ferments in barrique; the remaining 70% ferments in steel

Aging

In barriques for 4-6 months for 30% and in steel tanks for 70%. Then at least 3 years in bottle

Additional notes

Contains sulfites

Awards and accolades

Gambero Rosso
2018
3 / 3
James Suckling
2017
92 / 100
Bibenda
2018
Veronelli
2018
88 / 100
Robert Parker
2017
87 / 100

To enjoy it at its best

Serving temp.
10°-12°C
When to open
To enjoy it at its best, we recommend you to let the wine 'breathe' at least 15-30 minutes before serving
Glass
Large goblet
Large goblet

Perfect for white wines with good structure and intensity, which need oxygenation to open up and develop their intense and complex aromas

When to drink

When to drink

Evolving

Wine good to drink now, but that can have a beautiful evolution after resting for a while in your cellar

You can easily cellar it for 4-5 years

WHITE WINE BIANCO DI TORGIANO 'TORRE DI GIANO VIGNA IL PINO' LUNGAROTTI 2018 DESCRIPTION

Colour Intense pale yellow

Scent Of fruit with white pulp and tropical origin, citrus, floral and delicate boisé features

Taste Fine and fragrant, soft, with a mineral return and a slightly almond finish

producer: Lungarotti

Main wines
Torgiano Rosso, Rosso di Montefalco e Sagrantino
Foundation year
1962
Hectares of vineyards
250
Winery-owned grapes
100%
Annual production
2.500.000 bt
Enologist
Vincenzo Pepe, Lorenzo Landi, Cristophe Olivier
Address
Viale Giorgio Lungarotti, 2 - 06089 Torgiano (PG)

Perfect to drink with

  • Risotto with Vegetables
  • Fish Tartare - Carpaccio
  • Steamed fish-crustaceans
  • Aged Cheese
  • White Meat Stew