Free shipping for orders over 59,90€
Delivery in Italy in 1-3 working days | Free shipping for orders over 59,90€ |Callmewine is Carbon Neutral!
Barrua Agripunica 2020
93 -@@-9-James Suckling
5 -@@-3-Bibenda
4 -@@-2-Vitae AIS

Barrua Agripunica 2020


"Barrua" is a red wine Sardinian important and complex that rests for 18 months in barrique. The olfactory profile is rich in spicy nuances and ripe red fruit. The palate flaunts a harmonious, elegant and warm taste, with fine and subtle tannins

Not available




Isola dei Nuraghi IGT


Carignano 85%, Cabernet Sauvignon 10%, Merlot 5%


Alcohol content

15 %


75 cl Bottle


Fermentation for 15 months in steel tanks


18 months in new barriques

Additional Notes

Contains sulfites


Agripunica's "Barrua" represents the union of the strength of Sardinia and Bordeaux's appeal. It was born from a joint venture between leading names in the wine world: the Tenuta San Guido Sassicaia Group, Cantina di Santadi and founder Antonello Pillloni. It was the watchful and experienced eye of Giacomo Tachis, father of Sassicaia, who detected a special talent in this land and convinced the other partners to bet on it, so much so that they created the winery in 2002. Located in Basso Sulcis, in southwestern Sardinia, it consists of 170 hectares, divided between the Barrua and Narcao estates. The beating heart of the production philosophy is precisely the qualitative exaltation of the Sardinian land, with its bright light and mild climate that comes to it from the sea. Agripunica tells us about it in an indigenous language, refined by a hint of French.

"Barrua" comes from 85% of an indigenous grape variety, Carignano, and international varieties for the remaining 15%. The estate vineyards are rooted on clay and limestone soils: an ideal environment for growing red grapes that, thanks to the soil and climate conditions, manage to reach perfect levels of ripeness. Harvesting is done manually between September and October. This is followed by alcoholic and malolactic fermentation in stainless steel tanks and ageing of about 18 months in new French oak barriques. A further period of at least 12 months in the bottle completes its maturation.

This important red wine from Agripunica is characterized, first of all, by an intense and vivid ruby colour, son of the land where these grapes are born and grow. The clear and bright light of the Basso Sulcis provides for the development of all those aromatic precursors that, in the glass, are expressed as fruity notes of black cherry, spices and liquorice, accompanied by an intriguing aroma of myrtle. Also, the result of the intense solar radiation is the softness of the tannin, velvety and silky, and the structure, full and round. The taste echoes the aromatic texture perceived on the nose. A well-successful bet, that shows off Italy's peculiarities to the rest of the world.



Intense ruby red


Balanced and long, with fine tannins amd notes of pepper, myrtle and sage


Rich and complex, with hints of ripe red fruit, cherries, spices, cocoa and liquorice