Free shipping for orders over 59,90€
Delivery in Italy in 1-3 working days | Free shipping for orders over 59,90€ |Callmewine is Carbon Neutral!
Chianti Classico Castello di Meleto 2021

Chianti Classico Castello di Meleto 2021

Castello di Meleto

Chianti Classico Castello di Meleto is a wine of tradition, composed of 95 per cent Sangiovese grapes and the remaining 5 per cent Merlot grapes. This Chianti with its intense ruby red colour matures for 15 months in large wooden barrels, which allows the vine to express itself at its best. With notes of violets, red fruits and spices, it remains velvety and round in the mouth, perfect to accompany the most typical traditional Tuscan dishes




Chianti Classico DOCG


Sangiovese 95%, Merlot 5%


Alcohol content

13.5 %


75 cl Bottle


Spontaneous fermentation in temperature-controlled steel tanks


15 months, partly in cement vats and partly in Slavonian oak

Filosofia produttiva

Natural, Indigenous yeasts, No added sulfites or minimum

Additional Notes

Contains sulfites


Nestled in the heart of Chianti Classico, amidst the wooded hills and gentle Tuscan slopes, lies a magical place where history merges with a passion for wine: Castello di Meleto. Here, on the banks of the Massellone stream, formerly known as Clante, stands a winery that embodies the authenticity and excellence of the surrounding territory. Its vineyards stretch up to 600 meters above sea level, among hills ranging from 350 to 450 meters, providing unique climatic conditions that foster the development of intense aromas and the freshness of the wines. Here, among the vineyards of Casi, Meleto, Poggiarso, Moci, and San Piero, a wine is born that speaks directly to the soul: Chianti Classico di Meleto. With its blend of 95% Sangiovese and 5% Merlot, this label encapsulates the authenticity and excellence of the Tuscan territory.

And if the label of Chianti Classico Castello di Meleto speaks of tradition, it is only the beginning of a gustatory journey that leads to the discovery of flavors, aromas, and winemaking and aging techniques, where manual skills and careful grape selection play a fundamental role. After harvesting and destemming, the obtained must is introduced into steel tanks at a controlled temperature of 22/24°C, where alcoholic fermentation takes place for 10-15 days. This is followed by possible maceration on the skins depending on the vintage. Part of the wine rests for 15 months in cement tanks where malolactic fermentation takes place, another part, also for 15 months, but in 50 hl Slavonian oak barrels. In the cellar, the reduced use of sulfites is favored, and spontaneous fermentations are valued to preserve the authenticity of the territory to the fullest.

Chianti Classico di Meleto is a wine that speaks of its land with an intense ruby red color and a bouquet of violet and cherry notes, enriched by hints of sweet spices. In the mouth, it stands out for its velvety smoothness and round tannins, with a fresh and persistent finish that invites you to discover new nuances with every sip. A perfect companion to traditional Tuscan dishes, as well as grilled white and red meats, this Chianti is an invitation to experience the unique richness of a territory full of history, passion, and authenticity.


Intense ruby red


Velvety and round, with a fresh and persistent finish. Good structure and excellent harmony


Distinct notes of violets and cherries with hints of sweet spices