Free shipping for orders over 59,90€
Delivery in Italy in 1-3 working days | Free shipping for orders over 59,90€ |Callmewine is Carbon Neutral!
Montessu Agripunica 2021
4 -@@-3-Bibenda
3 -@@-2-Vitae AIS
91 -@@-9-James Suckling

Montessu Agripunica 2021


Montessu is a smooth and structured red wine from Sardinia, obtained from Carignano and other international vines and aged for 15 months in barrique. Warm sensations of ripe red fruit are combined with salty and peppery notes. The taste is full bodied, rich, sapid and balanced, with a persistent aromatic final




Isola dei Nuraghi IGT


Carignano 60%, Cabernet Sauvignon 10%, Cabernet Franc 10%, Merlot 10%, Syrah 10%


Alcohol content

14.5 %


75 cl Bottle


15 months in barrique

Additional Notes

Contains sulfites


Agripunica's Montessu is the soft, velvety and powerful expression of the territory of lower Sulcis, in the southwestern part of Sardinia, where the Isola dei Nuraghi appellation applies. To give life to this wine, historic signatures, acclaimed producers and legendary winemakers, like Giacomo Tachis, have come together in a single project. In fact, L'Agricola Punica was born out of the collaboration between the Sardinian winery Santadi and Tenuta San Guido (father of Sassicaia) with the aim of creating robust and important Sardinian wines, ushering in the concept of "super-sardinian" in analogy with that of super-tuscan. Thus was born this label, an expression of character and territory, a concentrate of sun, wind, earth and sea that represents the deepest essence of Sardinia. The red Agripunica takes its name from the archaeological area of Montessu, which houses the necropolis of domus de janas. Inside are more than 40 buildings from the prenurargic period, probably ancient tombs, carved from decorative spiral motifs that are depicted on the label.

Montessu Agripunica is composed of 60 percent Carignano grapes, a typical varietal of the area, and the remaining 40 percent of French-style international varieties vinified separately: Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Syrah. The grapes come from the winery's 170 hectares of vineyards, characterized by deep, medium-textured soils, rich in clay, sand and limestone, and immersed in a microclimate that tends to be warm, arid in summer and mild in winter. In the winery, the must ferments at a controlled temperature with periodic pumping over. Malolactic fermentation is carried out completely and gives greater softness. Final aging takes place for 15 months in French oak barrels.

The Montessu wine presents itself in the glass with a charming bright and cheerful dress, deep ruby red in color. Turning it in the glass traces small arches and tears that descend very slowly toward the liquid. This shows that we are in front of a full-bodied and rich red, warm and with great structure. The nose enchants with its fabulous and inviting scents of fruit jam and marine sensations, taking us back with our minds to the Sardinian seashore. This is followed by smoky nuances and gusts of Mediterranean scrub tinged with coffee and chocolate with soft notes of tobacco. In the mouth it proves elegant and voluminous, with silky tannins well sculpted in a muscular body of fine balance. These are liquid emotions born in a terroir capable of astonishing.


Intense ruby red


Elegant and well-structured, velvety, with savory notes of ripe red fruit and spices


Complex and fruity, with spicy hints of coffee and licorice