Free shipping for orders over 59,90€
Delivery in Italy in 1-3 working days | Free shipping for orders over 59,90€ |Callmewine is Carbon Neutral!
Bianco Frusinate 'Matre' DS Bio 2022

Bianco Frusinate 'Matre' DS Bio 2022

DS Bio

Bianco del Frusinate 'Matre' from the DS Bio winery is a perfect territorial expression to accompany vegetable or white meat dishes. A blend of Maturano and Trebbiano is used to make this label. Following a two-day maceration on the skins and spontaneous fermentation, the wine matures for a few months in cement tanks. Freshness, flavour and taste in a single sip from Lazio

Features

Denomination

Frusinate IGT

Vines

Maturano 60%, Trebbiano 40%

Tipologia

Alcohol content

12 %

Format

75 cl Bottle

Vinification

2 days of maceration in contact with the skins and spontaneous fermentation with only indigenous yeasts

Aging

A few months in concrete tanks

Filosofia produttiva

Indigenous yeasts, Organic, Natural, Biodynamic

Additional Notes

Contains sulfites , bio da agricoltura Italia o EU

BIANCO FRUSINATE 'MATRE' DS BIO 2022 DESCRIPTION

"Matre" represents the DS Bio winery's interpretation of terroir as peculiar as it is misunderstood. The area is that of inland Lazio, on the borders of the Abruzzo National Park, in the territory of the municipality of Pescosolido at an altitude of 630 metres above sea level and in a climate marked by the intersection of currents from the Maiella and Roveto Valleys. A label that celebrates the land and the importance of safeguarding a traditional ampelographic heritage.

The 'Matre' from the DS Bio winery is a Bianco del Frusinate made from grapes that are absolutely typical of this part of Lazio: Maturano, a variety saved from extinction by these very growers, makes up 60% of the mass; Trebbiano, a variety shared with the rest of central Italy, but which has peculiarities all its own here, makes up the remaining 40%. The vines are venerable centenarian vines that are still free-footed from mass selection and dwell on loose, draining soils with a clay-loam mixture and a good presence of an organic substance. They are grown according to the ancestral "alberata" system, i.e. "marinated" with olive trees and other local tree species, and to harvest them, necessarily by hand, it is obligatory to climb up very tall ladders. In the cellar, the grapes are left macerated on the skins for 2 days in cement vats and the subsequent alcoholic fermentation proceeds spontaneously by indigenous yeasts. Racking is carried out by gravity into clean cement vats, where the wine matures for a few months, concluding with 12 months of bottle ageing.

The Bianco del Frusinate 'Matre' made by DS Bio presents itself with a beautiful intense straw-yellow dress with golden highlights. The impact of the aromas describes a beautiful floral panorama that is equally yellow, with clear notes of broom and chamomile, accompanied by sugary hints of quince. The taste is surprising in its verticality, and all concentrated on a feeling of taut freshness and subtle minerality that flows into a bitter finish. A white wine with an excellent territorial interpretation and a serious, drinkable structure that can be served with white meat dishes, fish first courses, or even complex legume-based preparations.

Colour

Intense straw yellow

Taste

Fresh, agile, savoury and with a slightly bitter finish

Scent

Articulate, mouth-watering, notes of broom and chamomile meet quince